Transporting fragile goods on our busy, dangerous and bumpy roads isn’t the easiest of tasks. At Freight People we know exactly how important it is for you to get your fragile goods delivered across the country in impeccable condition. Damages to your fragile products don’t just affect your own business financially. It also affects how customers view your company.
No one likes to receive a package that is all dented, broken and damaged. Even if you do receive a replacement product it results in all sorts of unpleasant feelings and you will have to wait a long time to receive the replacement and getting a refund or replacement product does involve quite a few steps and hassles from the customer’s side.
As a business, you absolutely need to rely on a good freight company for getting fragile goods delivered so you can keep your customers happy and satisfied with your service.
Freight People are one of the best freight companies to trust with all of your fragile items. We go the extra mile to ensure that your products receive the best care. Our freight managers always allocate these sensitive items through the most careful carriers with the highest quality transportation devices and that heeds to your freight instructions carefully.
While our freight services are great for reducing the risk of damaged goods, you also need to pay attention to your packaging. Packaging materials and methods are critical for sending fragile goods across busy networks. Here are a few of the best packaging tips for these sensitive items;
1. Use quality packaging – Fragile goods should be packaged in strong rigid packaging. Don’t opt for cheap cardboard packaging. Get industrial cardboard or a thicker and better cardboard packaging for these types of cargo.
2. Fit your products to your packaging – If products don’t fit your packaging tightly, you will need more padding to prevent these items from moving which could be costly. Look for boxes that suit the size of your materials better in order to ship goods safer.
3. Use lots of padding – Padding such as bubble wrap, polystyrene chips, polyethylene foam, shredded paper, and air cushions don’t weight much and will secure your items so they won’t move around inside the box to get damaged.
4. Mark as fragile – It is important to mark your delicate items as fragile so freight workers will know to handle these items with special care.
5. Don’t overfill boxes – Don’t stuff your packaging boxes to the brim. If boxes are too full they will burst open and fragile goods could be crushed when boxes are stacked.
6. Seal tightly – Seal your packaging securely in order to prevent theft or to keep your boxes from opening in transition.
7. Do a trial run – A good way to prevent t lots of product damages while you are still developing strong packaging is by doing a trial run. Send only a few items at a time to see if these items are delivered in good condition. If your products are damaged then you know to pay more attention to secure packaging before sending large shipments.
8. Don’t over pack – Don’t stuff lots of products into a large and bulky box. Smaller packaging boxes are easier to handle and move around and reduce the chances of dropping lots of products when an accident does happen.
9. Test the fragility – If you know just how fragile your products are, then you can work your way towards securing your products adequately. Do a fragile test so you can inform Freight People adequately on just how sensitive these items are.
Need to get sensitive and fragile items shipped? Then give Freight People a call. We have the best shipping techniques and always use the safest routes for getting sensitive and fragile items delivered across the country.